A deposit document starts off as a pending document that is comprised of two sections. The header section controls the financial period, the deposit bank account and if the deposit is ready to post. The detail section controls the details for each deposit item. Once the deposit is posted under standard operations, the bank account increases by the total of the deposited funds and the accounts receivable goes down by the total of the deposit line amounts.
- To create a deposit from the Banking menu select "Deposits Open".
- Click on the "Add New" button on the top left area of the screen.
- You will be prompted to select the Bank account that the funds will be deposited into, as well as the Deposit Date, and the Period Posting Date and then clicking save changes.
- You can then begin applying funds against open receivables by clicking the "Add AR Item" to deposit button.
- From there you can filter on the account you want to apply funds against and then click on "Apply Funds" button.
- You will be prompted for the payment type, payment reference # (check number or other), and the total amount received and then click "Apply Funds" on the form to begin
- On the apply to invoice column you can click on each check box you want to apply the funds for. If the remittance information references a different amount than what is open you can edit that amount in the amount applied box.
- Once you have completed applying the amounts to the open invoices you click save at the bottom of the form.
- Continue doing applying funds for each customer account you have received funds for.
- Once you are done applying funds click on the "Edit Deposit Header" button and check the box ready to post.
- Then click post this deposit and the applied amounts will be registered against each receivable account and the total funds will be registered into the selected bank account.
- You can always come back to continue an open and unposted deposit at anytime from the open deposits option from the Banking menu.